Thursday was a beautiful day.  The funeral was a joyful celebration of Cookie’s life and death.  The meal was a wonderful time of fellowship and story-telling.  The weather was perfect during the 3 hour drive to Beatrice.  We saw deer, a coyote, turkey, and many many hawks; Cookie would especially have appreciated the fall colors in the grasses and shrubs.  Our arrival at the cemetery confirmed Cookie and my choice of burial location.  It is a beautiful setting with the church and cemetery on a hill overlooking the Blue River valley.

I want to thank everyone:  Anita and Joan for leading worship;  Kay, Donna, Dwight, Ben and Daryl for worshipful music; those who provided the meal; those who shared a story or memory; those who drove to Beatrice for the committal service and burial; the hospitality committee of the Beatrice church for a delicious supper and time of continued fellowship. Also I would never have managed without the direct support of Birdie, Leroy and the Life-Sharing class.  You all were great.

I particularly treasure all the words of sympathy I have received in person or through this blog, email, facebook and twitter.  Cookie touched many lives around the world and they have reached back to her in this time of sickness and death. Thank you!

Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2011 Cookie Wiebe
Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • Google Buzz
  • PDF
  • RSS
  • Technorati
This entry was posted in Cancer, Whole-life Stewardship. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Thank you

1. rusty and mary lou says:

Hey there Dave. Thanks for continuing to give us a taste of this experience. I can’t imagine that Cookie’s funeral would not just rich. She lived life with such passion, and you have made it possible for us to be such a part of you. Just thinking about how dramatically your world changed overnight, and the challenge of learning to live life in a world with Cookie not physically present. We pray for strength and God’s peace as you travel this journey. Love, ML and R

2. Kathryn Crawford says:

Dave—-
    Was so glad we could be there to help celebrate your 1/3 anniversary We had beautiful weather for traveling to and back and it was nice to see all the family once again. Has been a long time. I have a real cute picture of the family and instead of looking at the camera Cookie is real engrossed in the baby. Will have to send it to you.
    Continuing to hold you up in prayer as you go through your griveing process. God Bless Aunt Kathryn, and Uncle Emery.

3. Pete and Charlotte says:

Dear Dave
    It sounds like a very fitting celebration of, and farewell to, Cookie . We’re just so sorry we couldn’t be there with you in person. Our love and prayers continue to travel the many miles between us to you.
    May God surround you in tenderness and hope in the days ahead.
    Much love
    Pete and Charlotte

4. Caprice Becker says:

Dave,

Thank you for all the sharing you have done in the past year and a quarter (or so). Just because whe did most of the writing doesn’t mean you weren’t sharing. After all, you never stopped her or complained about it. And thanks for taking over the blog when Cookie couldn’t anymore. speaking of which…you may have the beginnings of a good book in there somewhere.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Even with the relief you must feel for Cookie, there is still great loss.

Love,

Cappy

Cappy

5. Wendy Funk Schrag says:

Dave – you are in our thoughts and prayers as you start living alone. The funeral service was wonderful.

6. Marilyn Grisham says:

David, I very much appreciated the service at your church. It was indeed a celebration of Cookie’s life and the fact that you were such an integral part of that life made her life more complete. A good husband is a precious thing in helping a couple achieve their goals in life.

I was most touched when I viewed Cookie and realized that the piece of Chad fabric which she had shared with me was the same she had chosen for her last earth journey. I knew it was a favorite fabric of hers and now my piece will continue to remind me of the wonderful friendship I have had with both of you.

It has been my privilege to have your friendship beginning thru the gallery and continuing on from here. Love and peace to you and your lovely family,
    Marilyn Grisham