What’s up today – Friday?
- Woke up early, stayed up, managed meds and meals generally on time and without issues.
- Good thing, cause when Dave called the oncologist at 8:55 a.m., he found out the appointment was at 9:30, in half an hour! We managed to arrive only half hour late, even with a bath and a (normal) BM!
- We normally try not to start anything before 11 am – knowing I often don’t get up and going till about 11 a.m.
- Met nurses Vickie (kinda tearful on her part), could reassure her of our being at peace about walking this path, very glad to be on path, with all of the support that I have, I guess I’d better die! 🙂
Shopping for burial clothes:
- After my chemo, and checked in with brother and sister in law. They had moved her mother into a nursing home when they simply could no longer do everything necessary to keep her safe, well, and happy. She had caught pneumonia and could no longer fight back. She died yesterday and today her daughter was shopping for burial clothes.
- Today, I took my sis to my favorite thrift store (The Value Center on Douglas) to look for burial clothes for myself.
- Weird to think about in the first place, huh! But clothes I really love, I probably would like to give away or pass on as special or keep in a foreign clothes collection I would have been happy to pass on to my daughter for her to pass on to her daughter…
We found something for EVERYONE, including:
- a springform baking pan- never been used – & a photo box – for Dave
- a t-shirt and a kid’s book my sis found
- some “burial options” for me
- and a heavy-duty cat scratching post for Marti
Tonight we watched “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” – one of my sister’s favorite movies.
Prayer and Praise:
- Praise for continued pain management
- Praise for a wonderful time with my sister for two wonderful weeks.
- Pray for the pain management to continue.
- Ascites has started developing in my gut, this is the fluid put off by leaky blood vessels and can become quite uncomfortable and needs to be tapped every so often.
- Please pray for my hemorrhoids to go away.