Hymn sing last night at First Mennonite Church was WONDERFUL!
I like river images, so sang these favorites:
- Like a River Glorious
- As the Deer For Water Longs
- In the Rifted Rock I’m Resting
- My Life Flows On
- Oh, the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus
- I’ll Fly Away
- Farther Along
- Guide My Feet (for the years when I was a runner and a good) one!)
- Home On the Range (which I played on my auto harp on the banks of the Chari river every night in Chad for three years)
- Little Boxes Made of Ticky Tacky
Hymns that have stayed with us throughout our marriage
- Morning is Broken (walked in to at our wedding)
- Here I am Lord
- If Thou But Suffer God to Guide Thee
- Ending with a rousing rendition of Precious Lord, accompanied by Donna Stucky.
- Many Thanks to:
- Marsha and Rod Schmidt for organizing,
- Anita for including other churches,
- Roy Goering for taping,
- accompanists/musicians: Darryl Unruh, Dwight Regier, Michael Combs, Carol Entz.
- For all who came to celebrate: joining the Life Sharing Sunday School class from beyond the doors of First Mennonite, we are grateful for your presence too.
What a joy it was to sing to each other sitting in the front of the sanctuary!
Will add more later tonight, heading for the drop-in clinic because my hemorrhoid is giving me too much trouble – probably enough to prevent my BM that is ready-and-waiting!
Please Pray for a simple, uncomplicated outcome!
Generally good news:
- Bowel sounds are more normal!w
- Lungs sound more normal
- Dr. was able to remove some stool,
- lance the hemorrhoid (I’m a big girl now) and apply topical lidocain for pain.
Generally not-s0-good news:
- I may have a little ascities that fluid carrying cancers cells that bloats your guts and needs to be tapped) d
- Will need to be very careful regarding all things hemorroidoial…
- Need to sit in warm tubs,
- dig very gently to remove stools manually if necessary
- take Miralax daily
- push very gently